How Coffee Lovers Should Celebrate National Coffee Day
Millions of coffee lovers from across the globe will embrace their passion for anything pertaining to a cup of Joe on National Coffee Day. It has been known to boost brainpower, reduce stress, and aids to making your immune system stronger. The US and Canada celebrate on September 29 while other nations mark the brewed holiday on October 1. While many establishments will offer perk promotions all day, we have instead decided to share our favorite recipes to sip to get your caffeine fix while enjoying a delightful libation. Since you probably imbibe an espresso or cappuccino, adding a spirit on National Coffee Day will spark a complex and flavorful experience that would complement those high- energy moments. Enjoy!
Ketel One Marvelous Espresso Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Ketel One Vodka
- 1 oz (Locally Sourced) Espresso
- 3/4 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 1/8 oz Simple Syrup
In a cocktail shaker, combine all ingredients with ice. Shake vigorously, and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Zacapa + Coffee
- 1 ½ oz Ron Zacapa 23 Rum
- 5 oz Hot Coffee
- ½ oz Cinnamon syrup
- ¼ oz Amaro Montenegro
- Hand Whipped Cream or Foam
Add rum, coffee, cinnamon syrup and amaro into a chilled mug, topped with whipped cream.
The Joyful Soul
By: Erick Castro, Raised by Wolves & Polite Provisions
• 1.5 oz Vamonos Riendo Mezcal
• 1 oz Sweet Vermouth
• .5 oz Pierre Ferrand Dry Orange Curaçao
• .5 oz Mr. Black Coffee Liqueur
• Orange Slice
Stir with ice and stain into a double Old-Fashioned glass. Garnish with orange slice.
A Proper Coffee
Created by Sonny Verdini, Bar Manager, TRADE (Boston, MA)
- 2 oz. Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 1 ½ oz. Boston Harbor Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz. Mandarine Napoleon
- ½ oz. Benedictine
Cutwater Spirits Horchata Cold Brew Canned Cocktail
This ready to enjoy canned cocktailinvolves creamy Horchata Vodka combined with a roasty medium-bodied cold brew coffee with a 12.5% ABV.
Created by Jeremy Oertel
- 2 oz. Carpano Antica Formula
- 1 oz. Lock Stock & Barrel Rye
- 1 tsp. Caffé Borghetti
- 1 dash Mole Bitters (preferably Bittermens)
Tanteo Tequila Chipotle Mexican Coffee
- 2 oz. Tanteo Chipotle Tequila
- 5 oz. Freshly Brewed Coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- Whipped cream for topping
Add fresh coffee to glass, stir in white and brown sugar until dissolved. Add Tanteo Chipotle Tequila and stir. Top with whipped cream.
Crystal Head Vodka Night Cap
- 1 ½ oz. Crystal Head Vodka
- ½ oz. Premium Coffee Liqueur
- 1 Freshly Brewed Espresso Shot
- Chocolate shaving or coffee beans
Pour Crystal Head, coffee liqueur and espresso into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously to create froth then strain into a martini glass. Garnish with chocolate shavings or finely crushed coffee beans.
The Proper No Twelve Mad MAC
Gavin McMonigle, Piss & Vinegar, Philadelphia
- 2 oz.Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 1 oz. Mexican Coffee Liqueur
- 2 scoops Mint Chocolate ice cream
Hard shake all ingredients in a tin with crushed ice. strain into 6 oz. Irish coffee glass and serve.