South Beach Wine & Food Festival Is Why February Is The Best Month To Head To South Beach
If you were to visit Miami any time of the year, it should be in February for The Food Network & Cooking Channel South Beach Wine & Food Festival, (SOBEWFF) held February 23-26. It is the perfect occasion to escape the frigid temperatures just for a few days and experience a food lover’s dream while beachside. The four day shindig involves more than 100 events spanning the Miami-Dade and Broward counties featuring Food Network personalities, and more than 450 chefs and wine and spirit producers coming together to Eat. Drink. and Educate. Happenings include walk-around tastings, intimate dinners, late-night parties, lunches, brunches, and so much more.
Saluting 22 years and raising more than $34 million in support of educating future leaders of the hospitality industry at Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, SOBEWFF, along with its sister NYCWFF, celebrates vibrant dining cultures of their respective cities while giving back.
The Festival kicks off with the annual Burger Bash presented by Schweid & Sons® on the sands of South Beach followed by a weekend of delicious festivities including:
- The return of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives LIVE hosted by Guy Fieri with crowd pleasing 25 eateries from the show.
- Goya Foods’ Grand Tasting Village featuring Publix Culinary Demonstrations sponsored by Sub-Zero Group Southeast highlighting fan-favorite Food Network and Cooking Channel personalities and the nations most celebrated chefs.
- Tacos & Tequila presented by Tequila Cazadores with chefs serving up various iterations of Mexico’s most iconic dish.
- BACARDĺ Carnival hosted by Andrew Zimmern closing out the Festival with the ultimate Sunday night beach party.
SOBEWFF also involves happenings throughout the city ; From the neighborhoods of Overtown to Wynwood to Hallandale Beach and the Miami Design District , all showcasing the vibrant local cuisine and culture and an opportunity to explore Miami:
- The Cookout hosted by JJ Johnson and Dwyane Wade
- Smorgasbord After Dark hosted by and special performance by Rev Run
- Chicken Coupe hosted by Michelle Bernstein
- Hallandale Beach Food & Groove: A Wine, Food and Art Experience
- Williams Family Kitchen Soul Food Brunch hosted by Pharaoh and Pharrell Williams
- Overtown EatUp! hosted by Marcus Samuelsson
- Farmer’s Market Brunch hosted by Michael Schwartz
New this year is FoodieCon, a first of its kind celebration of the most influential digital content creators in the food and beverage industry giving ultimate foodies exclusive access to top culinary talent and entertainment, designed with digital channels in mind. To learn more information and to purchase tickets to SOBEWFF click here.