5 Essential Cocktails For Father’s Day
Father’s Day weekend is here! This Sunday, prepare his favorite drink, and then wow him with your bartender skills by creating an impressive mixture. We have selected a few cocktails from leading mixologists across the country that he’s sure to love. So go ahead, make dad a drink.
Laphroaig® Peaty Papa
Created by LA Mixologist Devon Tarby
- 1 part Laphroaig® Select Scotch Whisky
- 3/4 part apple brandy
- 1 tsp dark maple syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
- Lemon twist (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and stir until slightly chilled but still boozy. Strain into an old fashioned glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with a lemon twist.
Knob Creek® Havemeyer
Created by Kai Parrott-Wolfe (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2 parts Knob Creek® Rye
- 3/4 parts espresso
- 3/4 parts amaro
- 1 heaping bar spoon of orange marmalade
- Flamed orange twist (for garnish)
Method: Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain over rocks. Garnish with a flamed orange twist.
EFFEN® Ginger Man
Created by David Nepove
- 1 ½ Parts EFFEN® Vodka
- ¾ Parts Lime Juice
- ¾ Parts Fresh Ginger Syrup
- 1 Dash Bitters
- Ginger Beer
- 5 Mint Leaves
Muddle mint, lime juice and ginger syrup, add to a cocktail shaker with the vodka over ice and strain. Strain and pour into a tall glass with ice and ginger beer. Garnish with mint sprig.
Basil Hayden’s® Lemon-Rosemary Punch
Created by Matt Sharp (Houston, TX)
- 1 bottle of Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- 10 ounces Simple Syrup
- 10 ounces Lemon Juice
- 2 Lemons
- 30 dashes Aromatic Bitters
- Sprig of Rosemary (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients into a large punch bowl with 4 cups of ice.
- Slice lemons into wheels and add to bowl.
- Stir to chill and ladle into Collins glass with a rosemary sprig.
- 4 oz Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 oz HEEET
- 1 oz Ginger Ale
- Splash of grenadine
- Slice of pineapple (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Add ice to highball glass and pour mixture. Garnish with a slice of pineapple.
Cruzan ® Slowpoke Shandy
- 2 parts Cruzan® Single Barrel Rum
- 1/2 part Lime Juice
- 1/4 part Ginger Syrup
- 1 Wheat Beer
Combine rum, lime and ginger syrup in a pint glass and slowly pour half of the beer into the glass. Add a few ice cubes and finish pouring the beer.