We Have Selected 16 Spring Cocktails We Are Looking Forward To Imbibe
What better way to toast the end of winter than with a delicious spring forward concoction? It is a time to celebrate flowers and citrus blooming back to life, dining al fresco, and enjoying the extra hour of sun in the evenings. We have listed 16 spring cocktails infused with fresh ingredients that would complete the perfect soiree or festive brunch party. These delightful drinks will give everyone the much-needed refresh after months of hot toddies.
Rose Tea Collins
- 2 oz. Chase Vodka
- .5 oz. Rose tea syrup
- .5 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- Dried Rose Petals for garnish
Make rose tea syrup by steeping 3 rose tea bags in 6.5 oz. of hot water and 3.5 oz. of sugar for 10 minutes. Then remove tea bags and leave to cool. In a Collins glass filled with ice mix all ingredients and top with soda.
- 1.5 oz Diplomático Planas
- 1 oz fresh pink grapefruit juice
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz honey syrup
- 1 oz Champagne or Prosecco
Shake all ingredients except Champagne or Prosecco. Double strain into a Champagne flute and top up with Champagne or Prosecco.
Makes: 20 (for those boozy brunches)
- 5 cups Partida Blanco Tequila
- 3 cups Ruby Red Grapefruit juice
- 2 cups fresh lime juice
- 4 cups simple syrup
- 5 cups grapefruit soda
Shake and strain into a highball glass over ice, add soda, and stir. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- .75 oz. Cocktail and Sons Fassionola Syrup
- 1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- .25 oz. Bittermans Habanero Shrub
- 2 oz. Espolòn Blanco Tequila
Fill cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously until the tin is ice cold. Strain into a nice Double Old Fashioned or rocks glass. Garnish with 4 dashes of Peychaud bitters and a lime wheel.
- 5 oz. Espolòn Blanco
- .75 oz. lime
- .75 oz. cilantro simple syrup*
- 2 oz. fresh juiced granny smith apple.
Build ingredients in a cocktail shaker except for the apple juice and shake over plenty of ice. Strain into a tall glass of ice. Top with fresh fluffy Granny Smith Apple Juice. Garnish with an orange peel (for the Irish Flag) and some cilantro sprigs.
Makes 2 cups of simple syrup
- Juice one bunch fresh cilantro and set aside.
- Measure 1 ¼ cups white sugar and place in a saucepan.
- Add cilantro juice to measuring cup and top up with water to reach 1 ¼ cups of total liquid. Add to saucepan.
- Gently heat liquid and sugar to dissolve. As soon as the syrup is boiling, take off heat and allow to cool before using.
- For best color retention, add a tsp. of citric acid or the juice of one lime.
- 5o Espolòn Blanco
- 75oz Tamarind Syrup
- 5oz Horchata Orgeat
- 1oz Yuzu
- 2 dashes roasted corn bitters
- Top with tepache
Pour all ingredients into shaking tin with ice. Shake and double strain into a Collins glass with pebble ice. Garnish with pineapple wedge, corn husk, cherry, and drink umbrella.
By Laurie Harvey, Ladies of Libation (Houston, TX)
- 1 ½ oz Thai-chile-infused Deep Eddy Vodka*
- 1 oz lemongrass cordial**
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice
Add Thai-chile-infused Deep Eddy Vodka, lemongrass cordial, fresh lemon juice and lime juice to an ice-filled shaker. Shake to combine, and then strain into a Collins glass with crushed ice. Top with splash of club soda, and garnish with a lemongrass stalk, lime wheel, and Thai chile.
*Add 6 to 8 sliced Thai chiles to 1 liter vodka. Let sit for up to 24 hours, depending on preferred spice level. Strain out peppers and use.
**Bring 1 cup water to a soft boil, and then stir in 2 cups sugar until dissolved. Add 5 cleaned and pounded lemongrass stalks, the skin of 2 English cucumbers, and 2 ounces skin-on-ginger (cut into slices). Let gently boil for 5 minutes, and then remove from heat. Let steep for 2 to 4 hours. Strain and use.
- 1 oz. Seagram’s Watermelon Vodka
- 25 oz. Templeton Rye
- .75 oz Demerara syrup
- 2 lemon wedges
- 6 mints
Muddle the lemons/mint and syrup. Add the liquor/light shake and dirty dump in rocks glass.
Woodford Reserve Tea Punch
- 3 oz. Unsweetened Tea
- 1.5 oz. Strawberry Lemonade
- 1.5 oz. Orange Juice
- 2 oz Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select
Pour over ice in a tea cup! Garnish with a mint sprig and a cinnamon stick.
Corralejo Tequila Spicy Grapefruit Sour
- 2 ounces Corralejo Reposado
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce jalapeño simple syrup
- 1 egg white
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard to chill and then strain out ice and shake hard again. Next, strain into your glass. Garnish & Enjoy!
Apple Lemon Drop
- 2 ounces Seagram’s Apple Vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- Sugar (for rim)
Rim your glass with sugar. Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients. Strain into your glass. Garnish & Enjoy!
POM POM Punch
- 4 oz. Stella Rosa Moscato d’Asti
- 1 oz. Orange Juice
- 3 oz. Pomegranate juice
Pour Stella Rosa Moscato d’Asti into glass. Add juices then pomegranate. Stir and enjoy!
Cool & Dill-licious
- 1 ½ oz Crystal Head Vodka Aurora
- ½ oz St Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 3 oz Tonic Water
- 3 slices of Cucumber
- Pinch of Fresh Dill
Muddle cucumber, fresh dill Crystal Head Vodka and St Germain in a shaker. Add ice and shake. Next, strain into a highball glass over ice. Garnish with dill sprig and cucumber slice.
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. mango juice
- Stella Rosa Tropical Mango
- ½ oz. Rosa 22
- Pinch of shredded coconut
- Orange twist
- Lime wheel
- Edible flowers
Place ice in glass. Add orange juice and mango juice. Pour in Stella Rosa Tropical Mango. Next, add Rosa 22. Garnish with shredded coconut, orange twist, lime wheel, and an edible flower.
- .5 oz Templeton Rye
- .5 oz Lairds Apple Brandy 100 proof
- .75 oz Lemon Juice
- .5 oz Orange Blossom Honey
- Bar spoon Aquavit
- 2 drops Monarch Bitters “Rose Petal” bitters
- Garnish: Dehydrated Blood Orange wheel w/ 2 clove
Add all ingredients into cocktail glass with ice. Stir and strain into coupe glass. Garnish with dehydrated blood orange wheel with 2 cloves.
Berry Delicious Daiquiri
- 2 oz Zaya Rum
- 1 oz lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- ½ cup mixed fresh berries
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake hard to chill and combine ingredients. Fine strain into a coupe glass. Garnish & Enjoy!