13 Exciting 4th of July Cocktails To Serve This Independence Day
Independence Day is quickly approaching. Not sure what mixtures to serve on the 4th of July? We have you covered. We have listed 13 concoctions to celebrate the red, white and blue holiday, involving some of our favorite spirits in a refreshing and seasonal twist. Remember, you have to keep cool during this iconic holiday, after all. So let’s observe and sip to our independence in style with these cool 4th of July drinks, from Firecracker Margaritas, to a Star Spangled Pitcher, and much more.
The Independent G&T
- 2 ounces Jaisalmer Indian Craft Gin
- 4 ounces Fever-Tree tonic water
- 2-3 frozen cranberries (garnish)
- 1 popsicle (garnish)
Pour Jaisalmer Gin and tonic water over ice in a tall glass. Stir and garnish with a popsicle and cranberries.
Berry United Lemonade
- 2 cups Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva
- 3 cups lemonade
- 1 cup cold water
- 4-6 dashes Angostura bitters
- Lemons (garnish)
- Blueberries (garnish)
In a pitcher, pour Diplomatico Rum, lemonade and water. Add in lemon and bitters. Garnish with lemon slices and blueberries. Serve chilled.
- 1½ ounce Partida Tequila Blanco
- Kosher salt
- 1 lime wheel
- 3 ounces fresh watermelon juice
- ¾ ounces fresh lime juice
- Watermelon (garnish)
Place some salt on a small plate. Rub rim of an old-fashioned or rocks glass with lime wheel (reserve for serving); dip in salt. Combine watermelon juice, Partida Tequila, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain cocktail into prepared glass and garnish with watermelon lime wheel.
Created by Ivy Mix (New York, NY)
- 1 1/2 oz Laphroaig® 10 Year Old
- 1/2 oz Pineapple Rum
- 3/4 oz Lime Juice
- 3/4 oz Simple Syrup
- Barspoon Pomegranate Molasses
Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel.
Knob Creek® Rye Creek Cup
Created by John McCarthy (New York, NY)
- 2 oz Knob Creek® Straight Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 oz Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- 1 half slice of Cucumber
- 2 Strawberries
- 2 Basil Leaves
- 2 ounces of ginger ale
- 1 lemon wheel (for garnish)
In a cocktail shaker, muddle a half cucumber slice, one strawberry and a basil leaf. Add the Knob Creek® Straight Rye Whiskey, lemon juice and simple syrup to the cocktail shaker, fill with ice and shake vigorously. Double-strain using a fine mesh strainer into a Collins glass over fresh ice. Top with ginger ale and lightly stir. Garnish with remaining half slice of cucumber, a lemon wheel, half a strawberry and a basil leaf.
Basil Hayden’s® Endless Summer
Created by Amy Probasco (Chicago, IL)
- 1 ½ oz Basil Hayden’s Caribbean Reserve Rye™
- 1/2 oz Pineapple Syrup
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- Ginger Beer
- Pineapple wedge (for garnish)
- Candied ginger (for garnish)
Combine all ingredients, except the Ginger Beer into a collins glass with ice. Stir to combine. Top with Ginger Beer. Garnish with pineapple wedge and skewered candied ginger.
Star Spangled Stella Rosa
- Stella Rosa Moscato D’Asti
- 2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 oz. blueberry vodka
- 1 oz. sprite
Add fruit to a pitcher then add Stella Rosa Moscato D’Asti and remaining liquids. Mix and serve over ice.
Bucha Berry Summer
Courtesy of Beautiful Booze
- 2 oz. Seagram’s Extra Smooth
- 1/2 oz of mixed berry syrup
- Top with kombucha (preferably strawberry lemonade kombucha)
- Garnish with mixed berry pick
Combine all ingredients to a cocktail shaker except the kombucha. Shake then strain into a wine glass. Top with kombucha and garnish with a mixed berry pick.
Woodford Reserve Orange Mule
- Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select
- Gents Mule Cocktail Mix
- 5-6 dashes of WR Orange Bitters
- Ale-8One Ginger Ale
- Orange and lime wedge
- Orange and Lime twist
Fill a mule mug with ice, Pour Woodford Reserve Distiller’s Select, Gents Mule Mix and bitters over ice. Fill with Ale-8-One Ginger Ale. Squeeze Over and drop in both the orange and lime wedges. Rim the glass with both orange and lime twists, then hang both twists on the rim of the glass. ENJOY!
The Northern Peach
- 1 1/2 oz Crystal Head Vodka
- 2 1/2 oz Natural peach juice
- 1/4 oz. Basil simple syrup
- Fresh basil leaves
Pour all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice. Shale well then strain into a cocktail glass.
Caipirinha da Terra
- 2 oz Novo Fogo Silver Cachaça
- 1 organic lime
- 5 tbsp rapadura sugar
Cut off both ends of the lime and slice it down the middle. Remove the pith and slice the lime into 8 pieces, and add them to a shaker. Add rapadura sugar and muddle until the sugar is dissolved and the lime is squeezed of its juice. Add the cachaça and shake with ice. Pour everything into a tumbler and garnish with flowers.
- 1 1/2 oz Suntory Toki Whisky
- 1/2 oz Coconut Washed Remy Martin
- 1/2 oz Fried Peach Syrup
- 1/2 oz Napoleon Mandarine
- 3/4 oz Yuzu Juice
- 1 dash Scrappy’s Cardamom Bitters
Place all ingredients into cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously, strain and serve in empty coconut with straw.