What To Serve At Your Next She Shed Get-Together
The female version of a man cave, She Shed, is trending with establishments creating retreats for women –in their own backyard. The idea of finding a private area to meditate, or relax with girlfriends is blissful, and throwing a get-together, even better. Italian winery, Santa Margherita shares the same attitude and fashioned an oasis while celebrating summer’s outdoor entertaining season. Recently, Brooklyn Grange played host to Santa Margherita’s She Shed Soirée with the launch of Santa Margherita’s new Sparkling Rosé and Prosecco Superiore.
Brooklyn’s largest rooftop farming and extensive green space was transformed into a stunning She Shed structure, crafted entirely of reclaimed wood and recycled materials along with repurposed décor throughout.
The evening was enchanting and fashioned to inspire guests. Whether it involved experiencing farm to glass signature cocktails, sample hors d’oeuvres and a cooking demo by Top Chef’s Richard Blais, or perusing the metal jewelry stamping and honey tasting workshops.
Since summer is winding down, this is the time to throw the ultimate al fresco fête, and thanks to Santa Margherita Wines, we have the perfect food & wine pairings as well as cocktails to serve at our next outdoor gathering.
- Heirloom Tomato Salad: Pickle Cucumbers, Crispy Beer Batter, Celery Leaf, and Carrot Jus Vinaigrette
- Baby Mexican Corn: Smoked Paprika, Garlic Aioli, and Cotija Cheese
- Kale Caesar Salad Summer Roll: Parmesan Gratin
- Mini Chicken Slider: Cilantro Lime Aioli, Sprouts, Pickle
Wine Pairing: Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
- Crispy Cured Duck: Whipped Cauliflower, Mushroom Jerky Tuile, and Cocoa Nib Jus
- Salt Roasted Beets Salad: Watermelon, Rainbow Radish, Sprouts
- Roasted Fairytale Eggplant: Olive Tapenade, Celery
Wine Pairing: Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Riservo
- Chorizo Mousse “Pigs in Blankets”: Tamarind Aioli, Anise Hyssop, and Opal Basil
- Aged Beef Tarter: Pineapple Sambal Tumis, Cucumber
Wine Pairing: Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé
- Fresh Strawberry Crème Puff
- Banana Fritters: Caramel Sauce
1 oz. Lillet Rose
½ oz. vodka
½ oz. strawberry and rhubarb syrup
Pinch of salt
1.5 oz. watermelon Juice
Method: Shake and strain on ice and top with 2 oz. Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé. Garnish with watermelon radish wheels.
1 oz. tequila
1 oz. white peach purée
½ oz. lemon juice
½ oz. simple syrup
3 dashes peach bitters
Method: Shake and strain on ice and top with Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG. Garnish with a peach wedge.
1 oz. Aperol
½ oz. vodka
½ oz. orange juice
Dash of passionfruit purée
5 drops of orange flower water
Method: Build over ice and top with Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé. Garnish with an orange wheel and spray of orange blossom.
2 oz. Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio
½ oz. St. Germain
½ oz. lime juice
Dash each of celery and cucumber bitters
Dash of verjus and saline solution
Method: Build over ice and top with Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG. Garnish with cucumber slice and fresh herbs.